What is tempered SGP laminated glass?
Tempered SGP laminated glass is a toughened laminate glass using
SentryGlas® interlayers (from Dupont), which makes the glass much
stronger hence protects against storms, impacts and powerful blasts
while, the whole performance of laminated glass has reached to a
new level. Prima glass is happy to presents this strong lamianted glass to the market.
What can you benefit from our tempered opaque SGP laminated glass?
- High strength, SGP interlayers are 5 times stronger and up to 100
times stiffer than normal laminating materials
- Safety: the SGP glass retains its character and maintains a
residual barrier, even after the glass is broken.
- Great weather resistance: SGP glass where the laminate can be
exposed to the weather and it does not need to be framed.
- Outstanding clarity: SGP interlayer glass provides superior,
lasting beauty for laminated glass, it's an ideal choice for low
What are the sizes and thickness of tempered opaque SGP laminated
Maximum size: 1800*3600mm
Thickness: for single substrates, normally 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm,
The SGP interlayer thickness: 0.89mm, 1.52mm, 1.78mm
The thickness depends on diffrerent applications, please contact us
for your bespoke projects.
Glass of choices: normal clear, low iron, tinted glass etc.
What are the applications of tempered opaque SGP laminated glass?
SGP interlayer laminated glass is to help architects and glazed
building system manufacturers meet society’s need for security,
energy efficiency, safety and maintenance ease. It creating
innovative new spaces while providing greater protection for
The SentryGlas interlayer glass applications including:
- Hurricane resistant windows, doors and skylights
- Bomb blast resistant windows, doors and facades
- Minimally supported and open-edged railings, facades and canopies
- Structural glass flooring, stairs, walkways and pedestrian bridges
Standards of tempered SGP laminated glass:
For tempered glass and laminated glass,
AN/NZS 2008:1996 safety glazing standards
ANSl Z971-2009, CPSC 16CFR 1201 Standards
BS6206: 1981 standards
Packing of tempered opaque SGP laminated glass:
We use sealed plywood crates to pack the SGP interlayer glass,
which is free from fumigation. For LCL shipment,
will use A frame and stainless steel bending to fasten the crate,
max load of each crate is 850-900KG.